118 COVID-19 deaths confirmed for Monday (09)
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka yesterday recorded the highest number of COVID-19 deaths in a single day.
118 COVID-19 deaths were confirmed for August 09, increasing the death toll to 5,340.
79 males and 39 females were among the victims.
101 of the latest victims are senior citizens aged above 60 years. The remaining 17 were aged between 30-59.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023