2002 Meth pills worth Rs. 9 million seized at CME
A package containing 2002 Methamphetamine, also known as ‘ICE’ pills, valued at 9 million rupees was identified and seized yesterday at the Colombo Central Mail Exchange.
The package was discovered by Customs officers attached to the Air Mail service.
Initial investigations have revealed the parcel containing the narcotic tablets, was sent from the Netherlands, to a 27 year old individual residing in Ratmalana.
The relevant suspect had reportedly fled the scene when the package was being inspected.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023