Bandula explains how to survive with Rs. 2,500 a month
Education Minister Bandula Gunawardena today reiterated his earlier comment claiming that Rs. 2,500 was enough for a person to survive for a month. He added that he was prepared to debate the fact with anyone who was qualified enough.
He elaborated his claim by stating that the government is financing students in hostels spending less than Rs. 2,500 a month. The problem is when you add Housing, Electricity, Gas, Petrol, Water, Transport and Clothing, he claimed. Bandula stated that his comment that Rs. 2,500 was enough for a person to survive was in the context that a person could go without dying by eating and drinking for that amount.
I will debate with anyone who has passed O/Levels and A/Levels with Economics and has done a bachelors degree with economics as a subject, Bandula claimed.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023