Beliatta PS Opposition Leader found with gunshot wounds
Posted in Local News
Beliatta UNP Pradeshiya Sabha Opposition Leader Kapila Amarakoon has been admitted to the hospital this morning (20) with gunshot wounds, stated the Police Media Spokesperson.
He said the PS member had been injured in a shooting incident at his house at Pallattara, Modarawala in Beliatta at around 7.00 a.m today.
Reportedly, the PS member from the United National Party (UNP) lives alone in his house in Modarawana, Pallattara.
SP Gunasekera said the victim was admitted to the Tangalle Hospital.
The Beliatta police are investigating the incident.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023