Biswal meets President Sirisena
US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs Nisha Biswalcalled on Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena at the Presidential Secretariat on Tuesday (25) evening. She was accompanied by the Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights and Labor Tom Malinowski.
Nisha Biswal on behalf of the US Government and the Secretary of State John Kerry commended Sri Lanka for holding a peaceful and democratic elections and announced that the US was prepared to continue its support towards Sri Lanka.
Biswal emphasised that Sri Lanka has taken a turn towards establishing democracy, peace and reconciliation which pleases the international community.
She also commended the method of governance followed by the Sri Lankan administration led by President Maithripala Sirisena.
(Government News Portal)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
Since independence in 1948 sri lanka allowed the electorate exercise their franchise to elect legislature according to the Constitution. Like the war crimes the electoral commissioner has maintained a catalog of events associated with the elections leading killing contrary to executions carried out by successive governments in defence of democracy. JVP 1971 uprising was suppressed by the unaccounted numbers of indiscriminate killings under Siri**vo. most likely the government forces were authorised to kill at will and nothing was recorded and questions of violation of human rights were questioned then. This process of hounding and killing of suspects continued for a decade and associated with it political violence whose main architect was from the UNP and this was done with a collobarotion of the very people responsible for maintaining law an order!
RW is good for USA, when he says will do a domestic resolution or probe.
MR is not good to USA, when he says the same in different voice.
People should aware the wolf under the sheep skin.
Looks like we get a lightning struck soon. Stay Awake.