Biswal meets President Sirisena
US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs Nisha Biswalcalled on Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena at the Presidential Secretariat on Tuesday (25) evening. She was accompanied by the Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights and Labor Tom Malinowski.
Nisha Biswal on behalf of the US Government and the Secretary of State John Kerry commended Sri Lanka for holding a peaceful and democratic elections and announced that the US was prepared to continue its support towards Sri Lanka.
Biswal emphasised that Sri Lanka has taken a turn towards establishing democracy, peace and reconciliation which pleases the international community.
She also commended the method of governance followed by the Sri Lankan administration led by President Maithripala Sirisena.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- UN rights chief raises concerns over Sri Lanka’s proposed laws March 3, 2024
- Sri Lanka seeks five-month hold on bondholder suit March 3, 2024
- Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) makes thumping Rs. 61.2 billion profits last year March 3, 2024
- Dr. Saman Ratnayake remanded until March 14, 2024 March 2, 2024
- Sri Lanka Air Force celebrates 73rd anniversary March 2, 2024