Borella traffic OIC succumbs to injuries
Borella traffic OIC Ananda Sagara Sarachchandra who was injured in the hit and run accident on 24 February at Bambalapitiya, succumbed to his injuries while receiving treatment at the National Hospital.
IP Sarathchandra was injured when the motorbike he was riding on had been hit by the Defender vehicle on the Galle Road in Bambalapitiya on February 24.
The OIC was critically injured in the accident and was admitted to the Colombo National Hospital.
Eight persons including the driver of the Defender vehicle, Ravindu Ratnayake and Rasika Bandara Aluthgamage, the son of Parliamentarian Mahindananda Aluthgamage were arrested over the accident.
The driver of the Defender vehicle was remanded till March 11 by the Colombo Magistrate and seven others were released on bail.
On Monday (March 4), President Maithripala Sirisena visited the Traffic OIC at the Colombo National Hospital and inquired into his condition.
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
The killer is the son of a Hon Leader of the JO, isn;t he?
I am sure he will soon be free and enjoy driving his canibalised Defender terrorising all motorists.
Re arrest the culprits who were given bail for man slaughter!