Budget 2018 on 9 November
Budget 2018 will be presented to Parliament on 9 November, Minister of Finance and Mass Media, Mangala Samaraweera said in Parliament yesterday.
The Minister made these remarks, while discussing the moving of amendments brought…… by the Opposition to the Inland Revenue (amendment) Bill, with Speaker Karu Jayasuriya and Joint Opposition MP Bandula Gunawardena.
MP Gunawardena was requesting more time to bring in amendments to the Bill when Minister Samaraweera pointed out that the Government was short of time.
“We are expecting to present Budget 2018 on 9 November and therefore this piece of legislation must be passed in Parliament as soon as possible,” he said.
Accordingly, the second reading debate would be taken up on 10 November.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
OMG, in the pix, his eyes are already popping out.
Mangala, being Finance M is not a job for you, my dear.
Home Affairs is more suited for you where you could contribute towards positive LGBTIQ laws and initiatives.