Budget 2018 on 9 November
Budget 2018 will be presented to Parliament on 9 November, Minister of Finance and Mass Media, Mangala Samaraweera said in Parliament yesterday.
The Minister made these remarks, while discussing the moving of amendments brought…… by the Opposition to the Inland Revenue (amendment) Bill, with Speaker Karu Jayasuriya and Joint Opposition MP Bandula Gunawardena.
MP Gunawardena was requesting more time to bring in amendments to the Bill when Minister Samaraweera pointed out that the Government was short of time.
“We are expecting to present Budget 2018 on 9 November and therefore this piece of legislation must be passed in Parliament as soon as possible,” he said.
Accordingly, the second reading debate would be taken up on 10 November.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023