Cabinet approval to revise train fares
The Cabinet of Ministers has granted approval for Sri Lanka Railways to revise train fares of several categories, according to Transport Minister Dilum Amunugama.
He said that the effective date for the fare revision will be announced later.
Accordingly, the rail fares are to be increased as follows:
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023