Chief suspect still at large in Tangalle foreigner murder
Police have still been unable to apprehend the chief suspect and several other suspects in connection to the murder of a British national at a resort in Tangalle Sunday morning.
Two suspects had turned themselves over to the police last night and are said to be from Tangalle and Pannipitiya.
The foreigner in question had been assaulted and murdered during a party at the resort by group of individuals. The body of the victim reportedly bore wounds inflicted using sharp objects and also gunshot wounds.
However the cause of death, according to the court medical officer at the Matara General Hospital, was the cuts inflicted by sharp objects.
The assault had taken place after a group of men had harassed the deceased’s wife, who was also attacked and is currently being treated at the ICU of the Karapitiya Hospital.
The Chairman of the Tangalle Pradeshiya Sabha had been present at the time of the incident while police state that there is insufficient evidence to arrest him.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023