COVID-19 infected man escapes from National Hospital For Respiratory Diseases
A 43-year-old COVID-19 infected man who was under medical care at the National Hospital for Respiratory Diseases (NHRD) in Welisara has escaped last evening (15).
Police has commenced an operation to track and apprehend the individual.
The individual is a resident of Grandpass.
UPDATE – 05:07 PM – The COVID-19 patient who escaped from Welisara Chest Hospital has been found at Maradana, Police said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023