Drivers killed, 11 injured after buses collide
Two persons were killed and another eleven passengers were injured following a head-on collision between two private buses in the Irupalai area in Jaffna.
The tragedy took place on the A-9 road near a Hindu Kovil, police said adding both drivers were killed on the spot.
The injured were rushed to the Jaffna hospital,they added.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023