Five police officers including Giriulla OIC suspended
Posted in Local News
Five police officers including the officer-in-charge (OIC) of the Giriulla Police Station have been suspended over the unlawful detention of a youth for over a month.
The Police Spokesman’s Office said that the police officers have been suspended as they had detained the youth, who had been arrested in connection with an assault incident, at the police station for over a month.
(Courtesy : Ada Derana)
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023