“Form a caretaker government if not we will leave” – SLFP decides
General Secretary of SLFP Dayasiri Jayasekera states that the party has decided to request the President to immediately form a caretaker government with the participation of all political parties in parliament and to resolve the impending issues of fuel and power.
If this does not happen the SLFP members will step down from all their ministerial portfolios.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023