Former CID chief Shani Abeysekara interdicted
Posted in Local News
Former Director of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) SSP Shani Abeysekara has been interdicted, the National Police commision said.
It said the SSP was interdicted in order to facilitate the ongoing investigation in relation to the controversial telephone conversations between UNP MP Ranjan Ramanayake and the SSP.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023