Former monk sentenced to 20 years for rape
Posted in Local News
Sunil Shantha, formerly known as the monk Ruwanwelle Sobitha was sentenced to 20 years in prison after being convicted of rape by the Kegalle High Court today (October 2).
Courtesy: Ada Derana
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
Ane saduta una wede…
The Neth FM program Balumgala first revealed about this blackleg dressed with a robe.
Balumgala is the only one program in Sri Lanka conducted by a few very brave young journalists to meet the national needs.
We warmly welcome the judge’s decision.
Balumgalata jayawewa !!!
The basterd got what he deserved.
20 years should be 20. Decision must take very quickly against this type of people who destructive Sri Lankan nation, not only for this monk
Truth was revealed by Neth FM. This bastard was not a Buddhist monk but a rogue attired as a monk to inveigle stupid men and women into believing him as a genuine person. It is very easy for any mother’s son to robe himself with a shafforn clothe and do all the nasty things.
See the slogan on his advertisement. It seems he had exactly written what was going to happen to him according to his bad karma. Jailed in retribution for his crimes. 20 years imprisonment is not enough but, plus castration for raping suits him right. His inmates will take well care of this cad.