GMOA threatens trade union action
The Government Medical Officers’ Association (GMOA) says it will resort to trade union action if authorities fail to take immediate steps to provide scheduled annual medical transfers before February 25.
The transfers are being delayed by Director General of Health Services, spokesman of the association Dr. Naveen de Soyza said.
He warned that they would launch trade union action if the promise given by the Health Secretary to implement the transfer list before February 25 is not fulfilled.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023