Harin breaks record
Posted in Local News
UNP candidate Harin Fernando, who gave up his Parliamentary seat to contest the Uva Provincial Council, obtained a record number of preferential votes and topped the list in the Badulla District. Mr. Fernando polled more than 88 per cent of preferential votes and it was the highest ever polled by any candidate at an election.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023