Hit and run defender found – Senior Police officer’s son held
The Officer in Charge (OIC) of the Borella Police traffic division, IP Sarathchandra was admitted to the National Hospital with injuries after he met with a hit and run accident in Bambalapitiya around 4.35 a.m. yesterday.
The vehicle involved in the incident is said to be a Defender jeep which had fled the scene after the incident.
Police took into custody the jeep (WP: FZ-9143) parked at No.727, Pagoda Garden, Pelawatte, Battaramulla and a 27 year old person said to be a senior police officer’s son.
(Courtesy: Daily News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023
- Suminda Sirisena passes away December 4, 2023