President visits PNB to inspect Lanka’s largest ever heroin haul
President Maithripala Sirisena who visited the Police Narcotic Bureau (PNB) yesterday (24) extended his tribute to the PNB and the Special Task Force (STF) officials for seizing the largest ever heroin haul in Sri Lanka.
The President appreciating their service, said that constantly he will provide his fullest assistance as well as blessings at every time for this noble mission done for the benefit of the future generation of the country.
During this visit the President observed the seized heroin stock.
The Police Special Task Force (STF) Commandant, Senior DIG M. R. Latheef , Senior Deputy Inspector General (SDIG) of Police, C.D.Wickramarathna and the PNB Director Senior Superintendent of Police T.A.C Dhanapala were present on this occasion.
Later, the President made an observational tour of the PNB and inspected the information regarding past raids conducted by them.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023