Kerry here Saturday; will open Vesak pandal
United States Secretary of State John Kerry is to arrive in Sri Lanka on Saturday for a 24-hour visit, Foreign Ministry officials said. It is the first official visit to Sri Lanka by a US Secretary of State since the visit of William Pierce Rogers in July 1972. Secretary Kerry will arrive in Sri Lanka on Saturday and depart the following day.
He will meet President Maithripala Sirisena and Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe and hold a media conference after talks with Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera. He is also expected to speak at a venue that is still being finalised. Mr. Kerry’s visit will be confined to Colombo. He is scheduled to visit a Buddhist temple to inaugurate a Vesak pandal and also to lay the foundation stone for the construction of the new US Embassy in Colombo.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
Huh! Huh! Haaaaa! is he coming to play the role of Mahasona??? What a coincidence!! 19A parliamentary debate is tomorrow and he is coming too! Remember, this is the country that was in bed with Military government dictators in Pakistan that toppled the democratic governments there in most of the Pakistan’s history.
Ane no Indra. He is not a Mahasona. He is on a mission of inter religious harmony .See he is opening a pandal depicting perhaps a jataka story on a Wesak Day . He might even study Buddhism here.He is sure to offer a B-I-G Ata pirikara or a fatter basket of fruits to the incumbent priest. However we must reciprocate his fine gesture by asking a mahanayaka to participate in the next Christmas High Mass and sing Carols with the congregation . Meanwhile PM Ranil can appeal or order the non Christians to light up their dwellings for a week for the Christmas. Kerry might even recommend Ranil for a Nobel Prize.
Be careful, Evil is coming with a very wide smile from one ear to the other.