‘Ketayam Chinthaka’ shot dead
An underworld leader, Chinthaka Wasantha, known as Ketayam Chinthaka, who is the main suspect in the killing of a policeman and his wife in Kamburupitiya was shot dead during a confrontation with Special Task Force personnel in Nigala last night, police said.
Two STF personnel were hospitalized due to injuries during the confrontation.
Earlier one of the main suspects in the killing of a police constable and his wife was shot dead when caught in a cross fire at Massmulla, Kamburupitiya. Later two other suspects drowned after jumping into the Denagama river, while they were trying to escape from the police custody.
A Police constable and his wife were hacked to death last Saturday night in Kambrupitiya where their two-year-old son injured in the tragedy.
(Courtesy: Daily Mirror)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023