Khuram murder trial: PS chairman convicted
Posted in Local News
Former Tangalle Pradeshiya Sabha Chairman Sampath Chandrapushpa Vidanapathirana and three others were sentenced to 20 years rigorous imprisonment for killing British National Khuram Sheikh and raping his girl friend by Colombo High Court a short while ago.
The chairman and five others have been charged over the killing of the British national and raping of his Russian girlfriend at the Tangalle Resort on December 25 in 2011.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023