Khuram murder trial: PS chairman convicted
Former Tangalle Pradeshiya Sabha Chairman Sampath Chandrapushpa Vidanapathirana and three others were sentenced to 20 years rigorous imprisonment for killing British National Khuram Sheikh and raping his girl friend by Colombo High Court a short while ago.
The chairman and five others have been charged over the killing of the British national and raping of his Russian girlfriend at the Tangalle Resort on December 25 in 2011.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023