Lalith Weeratunga and Anusha Palpita found guilty in Sil Cloth distribution case
Posted in Local News
Former Secretary to the President Lalith Weeratunge and former Telecommunications Regulatory Commission (TRC) Director General Anusha Palpita were found guilty in the Sil Cloth distribution case by the Colombo High Court today.
The Attorney General filed indictments against former Secretary to the President Lalith Weeratunge and former Telecommunications Regulatory Commission (TRC) Director General Anusha Palpita, in connection with a criminal misappropriation of Rs.600 million belonging to the TRC funds during the 2015-Presidential Election campaign.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
These buggers wearing a tie and a coat, disgusting.
This is great news. Always SLAS members help each other in any case regardless of the gravity of the problem to the country to protect their clan.
But this time, they failed. This punishment has to be fully implemented to prove the potential punishment any one who violate the rules.