Litro, Laugfs seek gas price hike
Litro and Laugf Gas companies formally requested the Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) to increase the price of the LP 12.5 kg gas cylinder by Rs 700 from the beginning of next year. The companies cite the rise in global gas prices as the reason for such a demand.
An official of the Price Revision Committee of the CAA, speaking to Ceylon Today said, “When companies submit a request to the committee to revise the price, we review it against their recent profit margins, the reasons given for an increase, and whether we could find an alternative method to work through the crisis. We have to balance any price increase with the cost of living, so it might take time for us to come to a decision. I think we would have a decision by the end of this month.
“At the end of every year, the global price of gas goes up. The last time we increased the price of gas was in January this year.”
(Courtesy: Ceylon Today)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023