Local government public service will be strengthened by recruiting qualified people
The Local Government Public Service should be strengthened by recruiting qualified people, Parliamentary Reforms and Mass Media Deputy Minister Karunaratne Paranavithana said in Parliament yesterday.
He was joining the committee stage debate of the Budget 2016 for the fifth allotted day under the financial heads of the Megapolice and Western Development Ministry and Social Empowerment and Welfare Ministry.
“There will be a massive transformation in the local government sector of the country by 2016. Electoral boundaries have been demarcated. A committee has been appointed to look into grievances. These activities will be completed prior to the local government election,” the Deputy Minister said.
He further said that amendments will be made to the Local Government Election Act to increase women representation.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023