Main suspect in Kandy incident arrested
The main suspect accused of instigating the incidents in Kandy has been arrested this morning along with 9 other suspects.
Police Media Spokesperson, SP Ruwan Gunasekara, said the arrests were made by the Terrorist Investigation Division.
The group of ten are being questioned with regard to inciting racial disunity using the web.
The chief suspect has been revealed as Widana Pathiranage Amith Jeewan Weerasinghe.
Another suspect named by the police is Suredha Suraweera.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023