Mangala gave me bottles of whisky and laptop – suspect
Panadura Magistrate, Ruchira Weliwatte, ordered the suspect who was remanded on charges of stealing seven bottles of whisky and a laptop computer from United National Party MP, Mangala Samaraweera’s Panadura home, be released on Rs 5,000 cash bail and Rs 25,000 personal bail on Monday (13).
The suspect, Hiran Priyankara, a resident of Ratmalana has been therefore released. Representing the suspect, President’s Counsel, Hemantha Warnakulasuriya, also told the Court that the suspect had signed an affidavit testifying that not only did he know Samaraweera but also that the whisky bottles and the laptop computer had been given to him by the MP.
Magistrate Weliwatte ordered the suspect to be present in Court again on Monday (27).
(Courtesy: Ceylon Today)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023