Manilal Fernando banned for eight years
Posted in Local News
The adjudicatory chamber of the FIFA Ethics Committee has decided to ban FIFA Executive Committee member Manilal Fernando from taking part in any kind of football-related activity at national and international level for a period of eight years after he was found guilty of several breaches of the FIFA Code of Ethics.
The decision was reached following two days of hearings held on 29 and 30 April at FIFA’s headquarters in Zurich, the FIFA said in a statement.
The ban is effective from 11 March 2013, the date on which he was provisionally suspended by the chairman of the adjudicatory chamber. (Source: fifa.com)
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
This unjust suspension is a great blow to the game of soccer. Manilal sacrificed his entire life to soccer and he uplifted the game from the doldrums to superiority.
Although Manilal looks like Golden Key Buster, Lalith Kotalawela, Manilal is an honest person based on Sri Lankan standards. If Mervyn Silva and Duminda Silva can be parliametary leaders in Sri Lanka, why cant’ Manilal, the pussy cat, be a leader in the Soccer world.
Manilal does not appear to be a guy who will have to starve until his next job. He does not look a suitable candidate to champion soccer. Only the game will be a winner without him hanging around. Sumo Wrestling would suit him better.