Milk powder prices set to increase
Posted in Local News
The prices of powdered milk is to be increased with effect from midnight today, the Ministry of Co-Operatives and Internal Trade said. The price of a 400g milk powder pack is to be increased by Rs 61 while the 1kg pack will be increased by Rs 152.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
this is politics, innocent lankans.
This is not politics; this is exploitation of the masses by the rich and powerful.
Someone in the echelons of power, got rid of the New Zealand suppliers over an invalid and flimsy excuse.
That someone and his cohorts, grabbed the market for this “100% guaranteed sales” product.
Up goes the price now and someone is milking millions from the masses in the form of indirect taxes.
It is this form of crony capitalism that lead to the people’s power revolt against the Marcos regime in the Phillipines.