Missing Lankan pilgrim found Search on for two others
Indian authorities yesterday found one out of the three Sri Lankan pilgrims reported missing in India. The Sri Lankan High Commission in India informed the Indian Foreign Ministry about the three missing Buddhist pilgrims and the Indian government had alerted all police stations. The Sri Lankan Foreign Ministry had also informed the Indian High Commission in Colombo about this incident.
According to Foreign Ministry Communication Director Sarath Dissanayake, the pilgrims found by Indian Police yesterday is under the care of the Sri Lankan High Commission in Delhi while a search is on for the other two pilgrims. Dissanayake said that there is no controversy over the missing, pilgrims.
“These Buddhist pilgrims had separated from the main group and gone missing”, he added. He added that the pilgrim who was found yesterday, had said that he was neither abducted nor threatened by the Indians.
Courtesy: Daily News
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023