National Government resolution debate postponed
Posted in Local News
The ruling party says that the proposal on establishing a national government will not be presented to parliament today.
The decision was taken at a meeting held between the party leaders of UNF last night (06).
However, during in the party leaders meeting held yesterday (06), the ruling party had said that the proposal on the National government will be put forward for discussion today (07). This statement was met with opposition by the JVP and the opposition party.
A proposal on a national government was first put forward by the Leader of the House Laksham Kiriella on the 01st of this month.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023