Former Kalutara PS Chairman sentenced to 5 years in prison
Posted in Local News
Former Chairman of the Kaluthara Pradeshiya Sabha Lakshman Vidanapathirana had been sentenced to five year rigorous imprisonment today (07) by the Colombo High Court Judge Gihan Kulathunga after he was found guilty of bribery charges.
Vidanapathirana was arrested in 2012 while soliciting a bribe of Rs. 3 million to resolve a land issue in Nagoda, Kalutara.
He was on bail and a presently a member of the Kalutara Pradeshiya Sabha.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023