National Thawheed Jamath and Jamathei Milathu Ibrahim banned
The National Thawheed Jamath (NTJ) and Jamathei Milathu Ibrahim (JMI) organizations have been banned in Sri Lanka under Emergency Regulations No.01 2019 by President Maithripala Sirisena.
Issuing a statement the President’s Media Division said the government has taken steps to confiscate all assets belonging to the organisations.
Furthermore the activities of other extremist groups within Sri Lanka will also be banned under Emergency Regulations No.01 2019.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023