Naufer Moulavi is mastermind behind Easter attack – Minister
Posted in Local News
The intelligence services have identified Naufer Moulavi as the mastermind behind the Easter Sunday terror attack, Public Security Minister Sarath Weerasekara said today.
According to reports, he is currently in remand custody.
Naufer Maulavi is alleged to be the theoretician of the now-banned organization National Thowheed Jamaath.
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
That’s great news,
The AG and his GF should move quickly forward to bring this person to Courts from where he will be released on infinite bail.