Nine protesters arrested during President’s Office raid, released on bail
Nine protesters including Attorney-at-law Nuwan Bopage arrested at the Galle Face were granted bail after being produced before Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court.
Security forces in Sri Lanka raided the main anti-government protest camp in the capital early today (July 22), arresting protesters and dismantling tents.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023