Police acts only under President’s orders – IGP
Posted in Local News
Inspector General of Police (IGP) Pujith Jayasundara issuing a statement stated that he cannot provide earlier numbers of security for former Prime Minister and Ministers as requested by the former Minister of Law and Order.
He said that the Ministerial Security could only be provided on the recommendations of President Maithripala Sirisena and added it could not be provided based on requests made by Ministers or other officials.
Several UNP MPs, including Nalin Bandara yesterday requested the Police Chief to provide them with Ministerial Security saying that they were still Ministers of the Government.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023