Price of bread and bakery items to be reduced
The All Island Bakery Owners Association notes that they will take steps to reduce the prices of bakery products including bread by Rs.5 a loaf.
Chairman of the Association N.K. Jayawardena said the revised price of all bakery products would be announced after a meeting held in Colombo today.
The decision was taken to provide concessions following tax reliefs given by the government, he said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023
- Suminda Sirisena passes away December 4, 2023