Principal, teacher unions in sick note campaign today
A collective of Teachers’ and Principals’ unions will launch a sick note campaign today demanding to rectify their salary anomalies, Lanka Teachers’ Association Secretary Joseph Starlin said.
It is reported that around 30 teachers’ and principals’ trade unions will take part in this trade union action today. In line with the sick note campaign, a protest march to the Education
Ministry Isurupaya from the Buddhadasa stadium, Pelawatta is planned. Speaking on their demands, a spokesman of the trade union collective said they want to see the recommendations of a committee appointed by former President Maithripala Sirisena to rectify their salary anomalies followed up.
The committee had recommended paying an interim payment until rectifying is done.The committee had also recommended to issue a circular relating to the payment of an interim allowance.
(Source: Daily News – By Dharma Sri Abeyratne)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023