Probe will be under domestic laws – PM
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe said Sri Lanka arrived at an understanding with key member nations of the UNHRC to conduct a domestic probe with the support of Commonwealth and other foreign parties, under the local judicial system.
Addressing an event in Colombo last night, the Prime Minister said Sri Lanka would cooperate with the international community in this regard.Meanwhile, Foreign Affairs Deputy Minister Dr. Harsha de Silva said Sri Lanka would co-sponsor the resolution initiated by the US on promoting accountability and reconciliation in Sri Lanka.
Quoting the Prime Minister, de Silva said, in a Twitter post, that the investigation into alleged war crimes and international humanitarian law violations during the final phase of war would be a domestic one.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
All nonsense, it is a international investigation. The final verdict comes from the international judges. You can call this probe the way you want, the main point is who gives the verdict.
Domestic Law! That is the law sent Sargent Rathnayaka to Gallows. That is the law allow Karuna Amman and other LTTE figure heads walk free. Ridicules!
If there are 7 judges 5 can be local judges and the other 2 Sri Lankan International judges this should satisfy the resolution
Well, let us get all those witnesses, videos, convincing facts owned by NGOs etc, before the court and cross examination. Then if the much acclaimed facts do not stands upto the examination or the owners do not want to provide under whatever excuse, then cofine those to the rubbish bin and move on.
MR should suffer since he lead to end the war.
This is the main agenda in front of all.
Finishing a war ends a big business, arm suppliers are suffering, NGOs are suffering.
And now people who got the benefit is helping those sufferers.
This is called ‘YAHA PALANAYA’.
Blindfolded the people and show rainbows and taking them a ride.
Until when they can fool them?