Scheduled mobile voting program for voters under quarantine cancelled
The previously scheduled mobile postal voting programme for those in quarantine centres would not be carried out as planned, National Elections Commission said.
Chairman Mahinda Deshapriya said the postal voting for those in quarantine was scheduled to be held on July 31.
“However, this will not go ahead as planned,” he said speaking at a news briefing a short while ago.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023