Sri Lanka detects its first monkeypox case
Sri Lanka has detected its first case of monkeypox in a person who arrived from Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE), the Ministry of Health says.
The 20-year-old Sri Lankan youth had returned to the island on November 01.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023