STF nabs “Jee-Bumba” in Gampola
Posted in Local News
Police Special Task Force (STF) personnel have arrested the criminal known as “Jee-Bumba” who is an accomplice of notorious underworld figure “Kanjipani Imran”.
The 33-year-old Mohamed Zamoor Mohamed Shiyam alias “Jee-Bumba” was arrested by the STF at Gampolawela in Gampola.
The Police Spokesman said that the suspect is connected to a series of shootings in Colombo.
He is believed to be a close associate of “Kanjipani Imran” who was arrested in Dubai along with “Makandure Madush”.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023