Striking trade union agree to operate several trains
The railway trade unions engaged in strike action have decided to operate several train services.
Secretary of the Locomotive Engine Operators Association, Indika Dodamgoda, said that the decision was reached following a discussion held today (11) with the participation of representatives of the trade union engaged in the strike.
He stated that although they decided to operate several train from this evening in response to the request made by authorities, the strike action will continue in the same manner.
However, they requested the public to be cautious when using railway crossings and signals as trains are not operating according to the normal time schedule.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Deshabandu Tennakoon appointed as Inspector General of Police (IGP) of Sri Lanka February 26, 2024
- United Petroleum enters Sri Lanka’s fuel market, secures supply contract February 26, 2024
- Sri Lankan opposition parties sign no-confidence motion against speaker February 26, 2024
- Public Health Inspector (PHI) shot dead in Elpitiya February 26, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s justice minister assures presidential election scheduled for 2024 February 26, 2024