Teen driver and father remanded over Welisara fatal crash
The 16-year-old youth who drove the vehicle which was involved in a fatal crash that claimed the life of one person at Welisara and his father have been remanded until November 19.
The father-son duo was produced before the Wattala Magistrate’s Court today (November 05).
An individual died yesterday in a multiple vehicle collision caused by a minor who was driving a luxury car. The deceased was identified as a 51-year-old resident of the Mahabage area.
Several others who sustained injuries were meanwhile admitted to the Colombo North Teaching Hospital in Ragama and one of them is reportedly in critical condition.
The accident took place at around 9.00 a.m. last morning near Welisara cemetery on the Colombo-Negombo main road.
Reportedly, a luxury vehicle en route from Colombo to Negombo had veered off the road and collided head-on with two motorcycles, a three-wheeler and a car that arrived from the opposite direction.
Preliminary investigations revealed that the teen in question had failed to control the speed.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President says 42 new laws enacted for economic transformation, 62 laws due for enactment March 5, 2024
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from March 05, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Electricity tariff to be reduced by 21.9% from midnight today March 4, 2024
- Court extends enjoining order safeguarding Sarath Fonseka’s positions in SJB until March 19, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Two former Sri Lankan police officers sentenced to death over custodial death March 4, 2024