Teen driver and father remanded over Welisara fatal crash
The 16-year-old youth who drove the vehicle which was involved in a fatal crash that claimed the life of one person at Welisara and his father have been remanded until November 19.
The father-son duo was produced before the Wattala Magistrate’s Court today (November 05).
An individual died yesterday in a multiple vehicle collision caused by a minor who was driving a luxury car. The deceased was identified as a 51-year-old resident of the Mahabage area.
Several others who sustained injuries were meanwhile admitted to the Colombo North Teaching Hospital in Ragama and one of them is reportedly in critical condition.
The accident took place at around 9.00 a.m. last morning near Welisara cemetery on the Colombo-Negombo main road.
Reportedly, a luxury vehicle en route from Colombo to Negombo had veered off the road and collided head-on with two motorcycles, a three-wheeler and a car that arrived from the opposite direction.
Preliminary investigations revealed that the teen in question had failed to control the speed.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023