Two Australians killed, two more injured in expressway accident
Posted in Local News
Two Australian nationals, a woman and her daughter were killed and another three including two Australians were injured when a van crashed into a lorry near the 65 km post at Kurundugahahetekma on the Southern Expressway this morning.
Police said the lorry had been stopped beside the road due to a technical fault and the van which was travelling towards Galle from Kottawa had crashed the lorry and toppled over.
Four Australians and the driver of the lorry was injured in the accident and were admitted to the Nagoda Hospital.
The 37-year-old Louis Monica and her 4-year old daughter, Collin Poppy have succumbed to injuries.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Darshana Sanjeewa)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
This is shocking.
The road is consuming innocent lives of those who spend own money touring our island.
Does anyone care? The komis earning traffic enforcement Officers have only one objective in life and that objective is to become rich like our Mendis Arakku Payroll political leaders.
Publish that list of 168 Swindler’s List; that will be great start.