Two nabbed with 161 kg of heroin in Rawatawatta
Posted in Local News
Upwards of 150 kilograms of heroin has been discovered from a house in Rawathawatte during a raid by the Police Special Task force.
The haul was recovered from the house of an acquaintance of the drug kingpin “Makandure Madush” named Kelum Indika Sampath alias “Kevuma”.
Police Media Spokesperson SP Ruwan Gunasekara noted that the heroin is valued at Rs. 1.8 billion.
The police have arrested two persons and 3000 T-56 live ammunition along with the heroin haul.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023