Two persons killed in collision on Galle-Matara main road
Posted in Local News
Two persons were killed when an SUV collided with a motorbike on the Galle-Matara main road in the Kumbulgama area.
The SUV was travelling from Galle to Matara while the motorbike was heading to Galle from Weligama when the two vehicles collided, police reported.
The motorcyclist and his passenger were critically injured in the crash and were rushed to the Matara hospital where they succumbed to their injuries.
The victims were aged 33 and 43 years and were residents of Weligama and Mirissa respectively.
The driver of the SUV was arrested following the incident while the Weligama police are conducting further inquiries.
(Courtesy : Ada Derana)
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
I am sometimes a bit of an illiterate idiot when deciphering certain abbreviations.Does SUV stand for surface unmanned vehicles? Can someone please help?
A sport utility vehicle (SUV) is a vehicle similar to a station wagon or estate car, and are usually equipped with four-wheel drive for on- or off-road ability. Some SUVs include the towing capacity of a pickup truck with the passenger-carrying space of a minivan or large sedan.
Popular in the late-1990s and early–mid-2000s, SUVs sales temporarily declined due to high oil prices and a declining economy. The traditional truck-based SUV is gradually being supplanted by the crossover SUV, which uses an automobile platform for lighter weight and better fuel efficiency, as a response to much of the criticism of sport utility vehicles. By 2010, SUV sales around the world grew, in spite of high gas prices
Thank You Very Much Sir, You appear to be quite sober in your general knowledge and habits although your name suggested otherwise.
I thank you once again for the relevant information.