Uduwe Dhammaloka Thero acquitted
Posted in Local News
Venerable Uduwe Dhammaloka thera has been acquitted of all charges related to the case filed against the possession of an elephant calf without a valid license.
The Colombo High Court today (01) delivered the verdict in the case filed against the Thero.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Yes no one get arrested in the UK for horse racing! Training Hoses! Ultimately killing them when injured. And selling the old horses to be slaughtered (for pet food) in Europe.
Yes Mr Amarakoon. Doing two wrong things does not make it right. What right one can have (specially a so called Buddhist monk) to posses a elephant or any other calf against its mothers will. Animals have emotions well. Just imagine a mother feel when her baby is wiped out and never to be seen again. This is cruelty to animals and should be severely dealt with.