Wigneswaran in hospital
Chief Minister (CM) of the North, C.V. Wigneswaran has been in hospital since Sunday (4). He had been admitted to the Jaffna Hospital’s Cardiology Unit.
Jaffna Hospital Director, Dr. Bawani Pasupathirajah confirmed that… …Wigneswaran is currently receiving treatment at the Cardiology Unit but refused to divulge information regarding his illness.
However, the CM’s Personal Secretary told Ceylon Today, it was not serious and the CM only has a boil on his body, which caused fever, due to the pain.
“Various media organizations have published wrong information bordering on exaggeration. However, the CM is currently receiving treatment at the Cardiology Unit along with antibiotic medication. If he does not recover early he will be undergoing a minor operation to remove the boil,”, the Personal Secretary said.
Ceylon Today however, learns that the CM was admitted to the Cardiology Unit on several previous occasions.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Supreme Court invalidates Cabinet decision granting Paget road residence to Maithripala Sirisena February 29, 2024
- Nagananda Kodituwakku barred from practicing as Attorney-at-Law February 29, 2024
- Sri Lanka President highlights country’s Indian ocean security commitment at Pathfinder Conference February 29, 2024
- 36 persons injured in a bus accident in Monaragala February 29, 2024
- IMF Team to conduct second review of Sri Lanka’s EFF program in March 2024 February 28, 2024