22nd Amendment to the Constitution gazetted
The 22nd Amendment to the Constitution of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka has been published in a gazette notification issued on Wednesday (June 29).
Minister of Justice Wijayadasa Rajapaksa recently submitted this bill to the Cabinet and the Cabinet approved it.
The draft bill published by the Gazette is to be referred to Parliament in the future.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023